Friday, January 30, 2009

"Don't work, just sell your soul" or "terror theme park for managers"

A 24 year old british guy wanted to sell his soul on ebay [EN] in order to make money without really working for it. While reading this I really had to look in my calendar twice just to make sure that I didn't miss April 1st. Damn, it's January 30th! But this article was not enough.
The other topic that hit my eye is about the World Economic Forum in Davos. There the UNO provides a kind of special entertainment for managers: a terror theme park where the managers can get a slight feeling of being taken hostage, walking through a (simulated) mine field or living in a tent for refugees. I think it is macabre seeing those people e.g. sitting in a tent for refugees - wealthy, well-dressed and healthy people voluntarily playing refugees for some minutes. On the other side there are poor, haggard and often ill people who are really refugees. They are sitting in the same tents for weeks, months or even years with no alternative. For me that's embarrassing. And sometimes I ask myself, how crazy the world will get at all. How about you? What do you think about these news, especially the second one?

No comments: